A Primary School in Gwarimpa is Looking for Suitable Candidates for English Teacher/Form Tutor.
Report to: Asst Head Teacher (Primary).
• Teaching English Language in line with primary curriculum;
• Preparing examination and test question in line with the curriculum;
• Prepare student report termly.
• Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils;
• Organizing the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
• Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
• Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
• Maintaining discipline;
• Preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development;
• Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
• Providing feedback to parents and carers through the management on a pupil’s progress at parents’ evenings and other meetings;
• Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
• Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
• Organizing and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
• Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly;
• Working with parents to maximize their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school;
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests;
• Assign and grade class work and homework;
• Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students;
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students;
• Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, school policies, and administrative regulations;
• Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health;
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate;
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
NB: Please note you shall carry out the above listed duties as well as any other duty that the Head of School and Management may give you from time to time.
Qualification: B.A, B.Ed in Linguistics or English Language
5 years’ Experience in British and Nigeria Curriculum.
Salary: 50,000-70,000 pending on your experience.
Suitable candidates should send their cv as an attachment and cover letter as body of the mail to firstname.lastname@example.org